COMBO-JET® DX series Narrow-Angle Spray Tips
COMBO-JET® spray tips use a patented ‘all-in-one’ design, so the cap, tip, O-ring and strainer all snap into one piece.
COMBO-JET ER and DX narrow angle spray nozzles are used for narrow-angle spraying, and are available in 20°, 40° and 60° spray angles.
(If you are looking for the COMBO-JET nozzles for broadcast spraying in 80° and 110°, click here)
The design makes it safer and easier to handle, and Combo-Jet® strainers also are 40% longer than other brands, so they plug less.
Every series of spray tip is compatible with all PWM systems, and the drift reduction for each series does not rely on air induction or air eduction to work perfectly.
|Spray Tip||Stainless Steel|
|O-ring||FKM (Standard). Viton® available.|
|Strainer||Glass-reinforced Polypropylene & Stainless|
The 5 series of COMBO-JET® Spray Tips
What do we mean by Series?
Within each flow rate/color, we make several series of tips that differ only in the quality of spray (and drift reduction) that comes with it.
The Combo-Jet spray tip family can be visualized as a sliding scale of droplet size. As the series increase, the spray coming out of them gets (relatively) coarser.
Also, it is worthwhile to mention that each series of drift reduction act as a secondary stage to reduce drift to levels that are tolerable for any application.
- The ER series is made up of a conventional flat fan tip, producing fine coverage and small droplets.
- ER spray tips do not reduce drift, and are typically used as a baseline for comparing drift reduction in other tips.
- Ideal for applications which require fine coverage, and are not very drift sensitive. (i.e. Fungicides)
- The SR series Wilger’s 1st stage drift reduction series, producing excellent coverage, with significant drift reduction.
- The SR series tip-caps reduce ~50% of driftable fines, compared with the same application with an ER series tip/cap.
- Ideal for applications which require fine coverage, but require significant drift reduction. (i.e. Contact Herbicides/Fungicides)
Combo-Jet® Tip + Cap Design
All-in-one Tip, Cap & Strainer
The spray tip, cap, o-ring and strainer all snap into a single piece, making them easier and safer to handle.
Since the tip-cap components snap together, there isn’t a chance for dislodged debris to enter the tip during cleaning or changing.
Snap-in Strainers [Optional]
Combo-Jet® strainers are 40% longer than other brands, so they are easier to handle and less likely to plug.
Coupled with the ability to snap in to the tip-caps, it is above traditional loose strainers.
The Sliding Scale of Droplet Size
Since there are four series of Combo-Jet® tip-caps, there is effectively a sliding scale of droplet size that you can choose from to match your required application perfectly.
Tailoring a proper spray plan with a personalized mix of coverage and drift reduction is much easier with the four series of tips.
Serious Drift Reduction
With a closed chamber pre-orifice design, Combo-Jet® tip-caps provide the same levels of drift reduction without having any need for air induction (AI).
A few perks when compared to AI tips:
No Air Ports to Plug
Lower Allowable Operating Pressures
Fully compatible with all Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) Spray Systems
Fully compatible with air-assist boom sprayers